Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Greetings from Michigan

Hello, Junkies!! I'm happy to be back with you today from sunny Michigan. At least it's sunny as of the writing of this post. The leaves are starting to change into some beautiful colors and the air is starting to smell like Autumn. For those of you in the south, I hope you were spared from the hurricanes.

I have a few cards to share today. I really had fun making this first one. It features the Weed or Wish set.

To start, I used some gelatos (red, orange and yellow) and "smooshed" them around my cardstock using my finger. I then embossed the panel and cut out a rectangle. After lining up where I wanted the image, I stamped it on a piece of golden CS and attached it to my card base.  Using foam tape, I added the panel to the front of the card. I stamped the sentiment on some white CS, trimmed it down, and attached it to the card. I then added some Flowersoft to the image. To finish off the card, I simply added a piece of orange ribbon.

This next card was a very simple one featuring French Text and a sentiment from the With Sympathy set.




I added a teal piece of CS to my card base. On a piece of kraft CS, I stamped the French Text background with Versamark. I then added some teal and brown chalk pastels to bring out the text. That was adhered to my card, then I added some silk flowers I had in my stash. The sentiment was stamped on the same CS I used for my matting panel, trimmed and adhered to the card. I added a few light blue embellishments to the sentiment panel and centers of the flowers.

My final card is a Christmas one (it's never to early to start those, right?). This card features two of this month's new releases, Pinecone and Good Night.


Using the Pinecone stamp, I created a background by stamping with Versamark ink and heat embossing with some chunky clear embossing powder. While still warm, I added a sprinkling of white embossing powder and heat set again. The sentiment was then stamped and heat embossed in white. I trimmed down the panel and adhered it to a white mat, which was then adhered to the card base. On a separate piece of CS, I stamped and embossed the pinecone. I then trimmed it out and gently shredded the edges to give it a softer texture. That was foam mounted to the card. I finished it off with a few dots of Nuvo Crystal Drops.

I hope you are feeling a little inspired to do some stamping. If you want to order any of these great stamps, simply add the code below and you will save 10%!

And don't forget to play along with our monthly challenge: Transitional Ombre!

Til next time,
Keepin' it inky!








3 comments:

Beth Norman said...

Wow, you were busy. Great group of cards. I especially like the design of the first card.

Cheri said...

Fabulous cards, Ro! I can "see" that Michigan sunshine in your first card! Beautiful!

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

These are great cards ! The background on the first one is stunning !!